Positions Vacant at Woodfield are listed below.
Class Teacher - MPS + 1 SEN
Compass Learning Partnership is looking for Class teachers to work, initially, at Woodfield School, but may be required to work throughout the Multi Academy Trust.
Woodfield School, is a multi-cultural/multi faith Special School with a current roll of 172 (rising to 200 – September 2019) children and young people aged 11 to 19 with CLDD (Complex Learning Difficulties & Disabilities) some of whom may have challenging behaviour. Following a recent restructure of the staffing we are seeking to appoint motivated and talented teachers from KS3 to KS5 who have proven experience of working with pupils with CLDD.
The school is committed to providing the highest quality provision for all its pupils and places a strong emphasis on developing functional communication and skills for life through an individualized curriculum.
You must have a willingness to work with students up to the age of 19 and have a sound knowledge of SEN and a passion for child centred education, an understanding of challenging behaviour and proven ability as an effective SEN classroom practitioner.
What do we want from you?
- Applicants must have QTS Status
- The children want an excellent practitioner, who is interested in developing their well-being as well as their learning.
- Someone who is creative and reflective in their teaching
- An approachable and open communicator with a good understanding and commitment to inclusion
- The staff want a colleague who is supportive, experienced and committed to raising standards
The Headteacher wants - someone who is committed to raising the attainment of all pupils, is enthusiastic and can inspire.
What we can offer you in return?
• Enthusiastic, friendly children and staff.
• Committed, hardworking colleagues.
• An opportunity to develop an area of our creative curriculum.
• Quality continuing professional development.
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews: 24th May 2019
Start Date: September 2019
Compass Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the expectation is that all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure
Positive Behaviour Lead
GLPC Point 34 – 37 £38,799 - £41,706 pro rata
41 Weeks Per Year – 36 hours per week
A Positive behaviour Lead is required to lead our PBIT Team ASAP.
This is a 41 week post (Term time plus 2 weeks during holiday periods) and the salary will be paid on a pro rata basis.
We are looking for someone who has:
1) Completion of Safe School Training Programme or equivalent
2) Has experience of working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour.
3) Excellent communication and organisational skills.
4) The enthusiasm and ability to motivate young children, and build on their successes.
5) A commitment to high expectations to meet the needs of all children.
6) Experience of leading and working collaboratively within a team of people to provide a stimulating learning environment.
7) The ability to share your expertise, knowledge and understanding of young children’s needs and achievements with parents.
8) Commitment to Team Working
Hours of work will be 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday, Wednesday & Thursday, 8.30am – 5.00pm on Tuesday, and 8.30am – 4.00pm on Friday, but will be subject to change from time to time with notice. This includes a 45 minute lunch break.
An application pack is available from the school office 0208 2045396 or the our school website www.tvs.brent.sch.uk or www.woodfieldschool.co.uk
Closing date: Friday 17th May 2019
Shortlisting: Week commencing 20th May 2019
Interviews: Week Commencing 3rd June 2019
Application forms and further details can be downloaded below.