Positions Vacant at Woodfield are listed below.
The Governors of Woodfield School are seeking to appoint a
Deputy Headteacher – (Quality of Education) from April 2020 or earlier if available
Salary L18 – L22
This is a permanent contract
If you are a truly inspirational, highly motivated and forward-thinking leader, with the energy and passion to change lives then this could be an excellent opportunity for you. This post is a key role in supporting and growing Woodfield School as part of the Compass Learning Partnership Multi Academy Trust.
The person appointed will;
- Play a major role under the direction of the Headteacher in formulating the aims and objectives of the school, establishing the policies practices and structures, through which they shall be achieved, managing staff and resources to achieve the vision aims and objectives of the school and monitor progress towards their achievement.
- Be the senior leader with responsibility for the Quality of Education, teaching & learning and curriculum development.
- Provide professional leadership and management for all aspects of the school.
- Establish a culture that promotes excellence, equality, and high expectations for all students.
- Together with the Headteacher be responsible for evaluating the school’s performance and to identify the priorities that will lead to continuous improvement and the raising of standards.
- Ensure equality for all staff and students.
- Ensure there is adequate cover arrangements in place on a daily basis.
Refer to the job description below for full details of the role
Applications are available from either school – The Village School 0208 2045396/Woodfield School 0208 2051977. If you would like to visit the school please contact Meeta Kadiwar (PA to Headteacher – Woodfield School) on the number above.
Closing Date: 3.00pm on Friday 10th January 2020
Shortlisting; Week commencing 13th January 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 20th January 2020
Start Date: April 2020 or earlier if available
An outstanding PE Teacher needed for pupils with MLD, SLD and Autism. Required from- January 2020. (Fixed 2 term position) Main Scale + 1 SEN. (TLR 2a for Duke of Edinburgh to suitable candidate)
The Trust are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic teacher to work as a PE teacher at Woodfield School. Experience of SEN teaching and working with SLD children who have levels of attainment from P5-P8 is essential.
The person appointed will be responsible for;
• teaching PE throughout the school
• responsibility for leading Duke of Edinburgh
• teaching dance in KS3
• development of ASC and SLD PE
• teaching other curriculum subjects as required
• form tutor role KS5
Woodfield School is an outstanding secondary special school with one hundred and seventy-six places for pupils aged from 11 to 19 with moderate learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties and autism across 3 key stages. Team work and collaborative teaching and planning are essential in our school underpinned by our ethos of ‘Celebrating Success.’
Woodfield is also a Teaching School and has a commitment to work with schools in its alliance to improve outcomes for pupils with SEN. Further details and an application form can be obtained by contacting the PA to the HT.
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th December and the interview will take place, week beginning Monday 16th December 2019.