About our School
At Woodfield School we provide a secure, enjoyable and stimulating place to learn where our pupils feel proud of what they have achieved. We have a curriculum that is practical and engaging where teachers have high expectations that challenge and meet the needs of our pupils in this multicultural school. We develop skills for independence in preparation for an active role in society and we maintain close contact with home, making parents and carers feel welcome in school enabling them to play a full part in the education of their children.
Our Vision- 'Celebrating Success'
We ensure that our pupils feel they are successful learners and everything they do is valued. We reward and recognise every step pupils take to reach their full potential. As a school community we celebrate success with pupils in lessons, in the playground, on school trips and more formally in assemblies and through accreditation and the wonderful results pupils gain on their personal pathways through school.
Our Values- 'The Bill of Rights'
- We believe in democracy
- we have a voice and can say what we need and what helps us learn.
- We believe in the rule of law
- the school rules keep us safe
- We believe in individual liberty
- we make the right choices
- We believe in mutual respect and toleration of different faiths and beliefs
- we are all different and we respect this.
Our Priorities - over the next three years we will:
- Continue to personalise learning opportunities, our assessment procedures and review our curriculum offer
- Continue to set ambitious pupil centred outcomes on Education Health and Care plans that lead to transition into the wider community.
- Further develop our provision to enable all pupilsto have access to the best resources to meet their needs
Deliver high quality training to ensure teachers and teaching assistants are skilled and impact on pupil progress for SEN pupils at Woodfield and across Brent.
- To view our latest Ofsted reports, please click here. The reports from before our academy conversion are available here.
- To view our latest School Performance Table, please click here.
- To view key data and links to reports, please click here.
- If you would like hard copies of any document on the school website, we can supply these free of charge. Please contact the office with your request.
Welcome from our Headteacher
Woodfield is an outstanding special school with Specialist School Status for PE and ICT.
We offer places to pupils from 11-19 with a wide range of learning difficulties. We have expertise in a range of teaching methods to meet the needs of pupils with Autism, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Severe Learning Difficulties.
As a staff we are highly skilled at assessing each pupil’s individual level of development as we plan small steps towards greater independence.
Mr N Cooper
We work hard to ensure pupils are successful and we celebrate and recognise achievement and effort in all areas of the curriculum. We work closely with parents as this partnership is crucial in helping pupils make their best progress. We work hard to make sure pupils are safe and happy and we are always willing to hear what you think we can do better.
We welcome visits throughout the year. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
We look forward to meeting you!