Child Protection & Safeguarding
Woodfield Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy
- The child has a fundamental right to be protected from harm.
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (HM Government 2013) makes clear that the child's needs are paramount and the needs and the wishes of each child should be put first, so that support is received before a problem escalates.
- Safeguarding is the responsibility of all staff who come into contact with children and families.
- Staff are well trained, alert to children's needs and any risks of harm that individual abusers, or potential abusers may pose, and understand procedures for referral.
- It is not the responsibility of teachers or other staff at Woodfield School to investigate suspected abuse. As identified in Working Together to Safeguard Children (HM Government 2010) this is the responsibility of the Local Safeguarding Children Board.
- At Woodfield School the Head Teacher is ultimately responsible for child protection.
- Kaaran Prime is responsible for the day to day management of child protection and the designated teacher in charge of child protection.
- In the governing body, Sophia Spence-Cheng is the Governor for Child Protection.
The full policy is downloadable from below. Please also read the addendum which has been produced to address the issues during the Covid - 19 pandemic.
For any safeguarding concerns, or for social workers seeking contact