The Woodfield Curriculum Intent
The Woodfield School curriculum has been developed through consultation with students, parents, and our dedicated team of teachers, senior leaders and therapy staff who have a passion for seeing our learners reach their full potential.
We offer two curriculum pathways for pupils:
Where the core curriculum offer is adapted to promote deeper learning, generalisation and real-world application. Please see the Pathway 1 Curriculum page for more information about this model
Woodfield meets the needs of around 60% of our learners through a differentiated version of the National Curriculum, developed by subject specialists with expertise in special educational needs.
More information regarding the Pathway 2 curriculum can be viewed by clicking the Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 links to the left, or from the documents you can download at the bottom of this page.
How do we know we are achieving our aims?
- Supported by individual Pupil Learning Plans (PLPs)
- Structured teaching.
- Sensory teaching strategies.
- Active practical learning opportunities.
- Differentiated curriculum.
- Alternative communication strategies.
- Individual alternative curriculum opportunities
- Inclusion and equal opportunities.
- Preparation for independent living & adult life
- Residential trips
- Recognising, valuing and celebrating achievement
- Annual and transition reviews
- Weekly reward assemblies
- Effective teaching and learning
- Continuous professional development
- Teaching and learning monitoring and classroom observations
- Resources matched to learning needs
- Target Setting and assessment
- Ongoing formative assessment
- Setting individual targets
- Pupil progress meetings
- Work scrutiny and moderation
Click on the image to enlarge, or download a PDF version below.