The Governing Board works with the head teacher, Woodfield staff and the broader community to make sure the school provides good quality education for all our pupils, and constantly strives to improve.
The governors set high expectations and ask challenging questions, but do not make day to day decisions about how the school is run. That is the job of the head teacher and senior staff.
Parents and carers are most welcome to attend the governing body meetings.
The 3 key roles of a governing body are to:
- provide strategic direction for the school;
- support the head teacher, but constantly look to raise standards;
- ensure accountability.
The Full Governing Board meetings for 2019-20 are on the following dates, commencing at 5pm:
- Wednesday 16th October 2019
- Wednesday 20th November 2019
- Wednesday 22nd January 2020
- Wednesday 6th May 2020
- Wednesday 24th June 2020
The Resources Committee meets at 4pm on the following dates:
- Monday 16th October 2019
- Monday 20th November 2019
- Monday 22nd January 2020
The register of interest of the trustees of the Compass Learning Partnership (CLP) can be downloaded below.