Activities for your child...
With the May half-term nearing, please see below resources/activities currently taking place and during the May half-term for children and young people with SEND. This list was put together by Divine Bremathas, Short Break Coordinator for Children and Young People at Brent Council.
Disability multi-sport club: Willesden Sports Centre
- Age 8 onwards
- In person every Saturday
- 2 sessions offered between 12:30-2:30pm
- Each session costs £4
For bookings, please register at- Adapted Outdoor Sports club - Brent
Jason Roberts Foundation: Stonebridge
- Age 5-25
- 1:1 in person session with whole family
- Sessions incorporate chat/understanding child’s needs & adding a sporting activity
- Fees TBC upon referrals
For more info please contact- email@example.com
Brent Youth Theatre: Roundwood Community Centre
- Age 7-16
- Range of singing, songwriting, physical theatre and dance workshops
- Online till 17th May, then in person at Roundwood Community Centre
- 1:1 assistance available if needed
KidzZone Holiday Camp: Aspire Leisure Centre (Stanmore)
- Age 5-12
- In person
- 1st – 4th June 2021 (May half term)
- Activities include sports, games, arts and crafts, off-site horse riding, drama, disco and swimming
- Children requiring 1:1 assistance will need parent/carer to attend
- £31 per day (can book individual days based on preference)
- Spaces are limited and allocated on first come first serve- bookings opened 4th May 2021 as outlined in previous email.
To book please directly contact- firstname.lastname@example.org
Sport at the Heart: Roundwood Community Centre
- Age from 2 onwards
- In person
- Range of sports, games, dance activities
- Sessions cost between £3-5 depending on activity
For timetable/sign up please visit- https://www.sportattheheart.org/Events/Calendar
Fit for Sport: (location based on preference)
- Ages 5-12
- 1st-4th June 2021 (May half term)
- In person
- Activities include super sports, team games, arts and crafts, warrior challenges, swimming
- £33 per day (can book individual days based on preference).
- If additional support is required, Fit for Sport must be notified in advance in order to arrange support staff
To find your nearest camp (based on location preference and availability) please visit- Find Your Nearest Camp. Once you find a club in your area, click on ‘more details’ for available dates, times, prices and more.
Camp in the Cloud- (Over the Wall)
OTW deliver activity camps designed specifically for children and young people suffering from a health condition. Please see the Camp in the Cloud criteria and programme leaflet attached to see if you are eligible to apply.
Camps include: Health Challenge camp, Siblings camp, Family camp and Grown Up Gathering.
- 22nd May 2021 FAMILY CAMP. If this interests you, please visit www.otw.org.uk and click ‘apply for camp’. The organisation will then contact you with respect to your application and discuss whether they can accommodate your child’s needs.
- Online- Virtual camp
Please see flyers attached for more info/eligibility criteria and videos for children/parents/professionals demonstrating Camp in the Cloud experience- https://vimeo.com/507460404/08e708810d or https://vimeo.com/528922771/6596bd94b1
Project DanceWest: Lyric Theatre Hammersmith
- Ages 7-26
- Dance classes offered every Monday evening
- Online at present and will become in person sessions from end of May at Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith
- Carers/parents allowed to attend
For bookings/more info please contact- email@example.com
- All ages
- Range of arts and sports activities available from conducting search based on interests, format needs and location
Activities can be found by visiting Activity Finder
- Age 12-18
- Online youth sessions
- Every Monday and Wednesday
- Activities include dancing, quizzes, animals, music, baking and talent shows
For timetables/more info please visit- https://disability-challengers.org/virtual-sessions/
To register, please complete registration form attached and return to- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age 5-25
- Activities include dance, storytelling, exercise, arts, crafts, film club, yoga, talent show, drama and choir
For timetable and sign up, please visit Keen Information here