Quality of Education
Woodfield School Quality of Education Policy
Woodfield School is committed to:
- Providing a safe, secure, enjoyable and stimulating place to learn where our pupils feel proud of what they have achieved. We are committed to providing a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which engages, motivates, excites and challenges our pupils’
- Having a curriculum that is practical, engaging and outcome focussed, ensuring that all groups of pupils, regardless of background or ability, have the knowledge, skills and where appropriate, accreditations needed for adult life. The individual pupils’ EHCP and Preparation for Adulthood outcomes underpin our curriculum and are at the heart of teaching and learning.
- Teachers having high expectations that challenge and meet the needs of our pupils in this multicultural school.
- Maintaining high expectations through appropriate assessment, ambitious target setting, and the removal of barriers to learning
- Maintaining close contact with home, making parents and guardians welcome in school enabling them to play a full part in the education of their children.
To achieve our mission statement, we must have an ethos and atmosphere in school that enables children to learn and thrive.
Our vision statement is ‘Creating a Community of Lifelong Learners’
To achieve our mission statement we must have an ethos and atmosphere in school that enables children to thrive and learn.
All of our staff at Woodfield believes we can meet our aims and are continually striving to ensure that our ethos pervades everything we do.
This policy is underpinned by the policies below and should be read in conjunction with them. These policies, including teaching and learning provide the structure for the implementation of our curriculum and embed the ethos of our school which underpins our day to day work.
- Positive Behaviour Management
- Assessment for Learning
- Equality Duty and Equal Opportunities
The latest Quality of Education Policy can be downloaded below.