School Name: Woodfield School - Participants Paul Talbot and Kelly O’Brien
School Name: El Selehdar Prep & Secondary Sports School
Address: 5 Galal EL Don El Desouki St. El Saba Omarat - Heliopolis
Name of Principal: Mrs. Hoda Motawea
Age of pupils: 12 to 18 Number of pupils: 478 Number of staff: 93
School visits – Outcomes
UK school initial visit to Overseas partner school:
- Establish the school linking partnership and develop an effective way of working
- Share information with the partner school on:
- Strengths in each school
- Priorities for development in PE and sport and whole school
- Outcomes each school wants to achieve from the programme
- Produce a joint draft development plan by the end of the visit, through focussed discussion and agreement on key priorities for development
- Establish an effective communication strategy to maintain the momentum of your partnership
Overseas school return visit to the UK partner school:
- Continue to develop an efficient and effective way of working to support the sustainability of the partnership
- Re-visit and confirm an agreed communication strategy
- Finalise the key objectives of the joint DP taking into account the strengths, priority areas for development and expected outcomes of each school
- Submit a final ‘hard’ copy of the joint DP for sign off by British Council at the final review meeting
Outline of plan
- Development of trampolining for girls to improve self-esteem and confidence in mobility, balance, co-ordination which will help improve confidence in all PE lessons.
- Young sports leaders (YSL) build confidence and self-esteem through leading sports in school and local sports festivals which empowers them to become future mentors.
- Enabling e-learning to empower YSL to provide safe instructional demonstrations.
- Development of broader sports curriculum – empowering TOPS program to develop YSL to deliver multi sports in the curriculum
- Development of gymnastics for girls; enabling e-learning to empower YSL to provide safe instructional demonstrations to be delivered to SEN pupils
- Upload and maintain content on website
- Create a new El Selehdar Sports School website to enable e-learning to promote the school both in local and broader community.
- Improving High quality PE through sending girls to local leisure centre after school once a year